Updated: Jan 15, 2020
2 ounces gin (Recommended: Old Tom Gin)
1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
4 ounces ginger beer
1. Pour gin & lime juice into an ice-filled old-fashioned glass.
2. Stir well.
3. Top with ginger beer or ginger ale.
4. Stir gently.
5. Garnish with lime wedge & stir stick.
Honey Simple Syrup:
1. Heat honey & water in saucepan on medium until dissolved.
2. Cool to room temperature before using.
Book Pairing: The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan (Reviewed Jan. 2, 2020)
Why? I wanted something efficient & simple - the kind of drink you can get in a pub or tavern after a long day on the road. In this book, a group of unlikely individuals find themselves traveling together at the start of a looming war. On their journey through cities & towns, they often find shelter in taverns where ale & beer are aplenty. Cheers!